May 4, 2021
The Tioga Central School District thanks you for your support during the winter and fall athletic seasons. Thankfully we were able to complete all seasons with only minor disruptions due to Covid-19.
The New York State Education Department, NYSPHSAA, and NYSDOH continue to provide mandates regarding Covid-19 mitigation requirements. These are meant to keep our student athletes, staff, and community safe from the spread of this illness. For home events Tioga Central will follow the most recent guidance that allows up to 200 spectators per event.
Moving into the spring season, all athletic competitions are outdoors. The following protocols are requirements as dictated by NYSDOH that fans must follow:
- Upon entrance to an event, spectators must complete a Covid-19 attestation. This includes a temperature check (100.0°F) and contact tracing information
- Spectators must follow the 6’ distancing protocol
- Spectators must wear a mask when on school grounds, when outside of their vehicle
- Spectators per home event will allow for approximately 150 home fans or up to 10 per athlete
- Two (2) spectators permitted per athlete (family or friend) for visiting teams
- At away events, districts are allowing up to two (2) spectators per visiting athlete
- NOTE: Not all districts are permitting visiting fans. When we are made aware of those situations, we will attempt to notify you through your athlete
Thank you for your patience and cooperation in helping Tioga Central meet the requirements as put forth by New York’s governing bodies on health and athletics.
Scot E. Taylor
Scot E. Taylor